8.23.2011

A Feel Good Move

In my opinion, regardless of your stance upon our Country's military operations, all Americans need to support the troops that are putting their lives in danger to protect our freedom. Having two family members currently in the Air Force, plus my best friend's little brother serving with the Army, and countless family members that have served in the past, I always feel compelled to do something for our troops.

When I heard about Baking GALS (Give A Little Support), from my best friend Jess, I thought what a better way to combine my desire to support our troops and my love of baking. Every month, teams are formed that sponsor a specific soldier. Members join a team, or multiple teams, and send a box of love and support to that specific soldier. Each soldier is then hopefully bombarded with multiple boxes that they can share with their fellow soldiers.

Photobucket

This month I've joined two teams that are supporting a solider in the Pacific and one in Afghanistan. Are you willing to spend an afternoon baking, or even going and buying a few of their favorite snacks, and sending some love to a well deserving solider???


To get you in the baking mood, here are some really cute cookie inspiration pictures:





All Images via Pinterest

To join Baking Gals, go to their website: http://www.bakinggals.com/ and create a new account. It may take a few days for the administrator to authorize your account, but once she does you'll be able to join a team for that month's round.

Happy Baking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned lately that you're the world's greatest friend?? Love you, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great idea, thank you for the info!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails