8.27.2010

Summer 2010 (Part 1)

So...I obviously slacked on the blog writing this summer. Things have been crazy around here. So to get everyone caught up on what's been happening, let me try to sum up Summer 2010. I was hoping to do this in one post but I think it will be easier if I split it up.

(Warning: These are probably going to be picture heavy posts.)


You probably already know we planted a garden in the backyard. It was already existing so we just added a fence around to keep out the deer (and dogs). It measures 40' X 48'.

 We planted pumpkins, corn,
 Zucchini and Yellow Squash,
 Cucumbers,
 Tomatoes (Roma, Beef Steak, Big Boy, Grape and Cherry),
And Peppers.


Let's just say its been a success. Here is just some of our harvest so far.





I've been canning most of what we harvest. So far we have pickles, pasta sauce, salsa, peach jam and cantaloupe jam. I've also frozen lots of squash and zucchini. 


 Salsa and Pickles :
 Pasta Sauce:


 It's a pretty safe bet we won't starve this winter. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails